This salad is a typical summer salad, easy to make upfront if you have guests or if you want to take it with you to work in a jar for example.
I keep the dressing always separately so that the salad stays longer fresh.
These are the ingredients for two persons
- 4 large eggs
- 100 grams fine green beans
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams sliced pitted black olives
- 1 x 225 grams jar or can of tuna or even fresh tuna ( bake it on each side for 1-2 minutes)
- 250 grams torn iceberg lettuces or romain salad
- 250 grams baby potatoes
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- pinch table salt
- 40 grams croutons
- 4 – 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 handful fresh parsley leaves
- Boil the eggs for 7 minutes and cook the beans till they have a certain crunch.
- let eggs sit in a bowl under running cold water, and hold the beans in a sieve just under the tap for a moment, too, so that eggs and beans stop cooking and the beans get cold.
- cook the potatoes in their skin
- Tip the tomatoes into a bowl, add the olives and mix gently.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving dish and then top with the tomato-olive mixture, saving their flavoursome juices in the bowl.
- Drain the tuna (or bake the fresh tuna) and place chunks of it along with the tomatoes and olives, then strew with the drained beans.
- Using the reserved juices left in the tomato mixture’s bowl, make the dressing: whisk in the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pour over the salad.
- Peel and quarter the almost but not quite hard-boiled eggs and add to the salad along with the croutons, anchovy fillets (if using) and parsley leaves.